Are you planning on attending a Multicultural/Fusion wedding? If so, we have some tips to help you be the perfect wedding guest!
Multicultural Indian weddings usually include two ceremonies, here are a few dos and don’ts.
- Never wear black or white, unless otherwise noted, as they represent mourning.
- Be colorful but conservative. No plunging necklines or open shoulders.
- Carry along a scarf or handkerchief, as it may be customary to cover your head during the ceremony.
Mazel tov! Attending a Jewish fusion wedding?
- Dress moderately, avoid sleeveless, open back, or short dresses.
- Ladies, be careful wearing white. Leave that for the blushing bride.
- Try to stick to monetary gifts or items that can be easily returned.
Chinese a go go!
- Avoid wearing red. This is a color that is sacred and for the bride.
- When giving gifts, make sure that what your giving is not considered unlucky.
- Always remember to thank the bride and groom for allowing you to share in their joyous celebration.
If your planning on attending a fusion wedding, have fun, enjoy yourself, and remember…stay classy!
Be a Good Guest was last modified: February 17th, 2017 by